Author Topic: Oxygen development  (Read 1962 times)

Brian Alvarez

Oxygen development
« on: February 08, 2020, 02:29:43 PM »

Hello Charles. I am going to have some free time starting monday. Would you be willing to do a marathon development in Oxygen as well? :)
Well not really a marathon, but a little more active?  :)

Charles Pegge

Re: Oxygen development
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2020, 10:32:48 AM »
Ok Brian, let's give it a go, but keep it simple :)

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2020, 07:03:58 PM »
Thats the spirit!!

Ok... for now, i have good news. I have a rock solid plan to implement 64 bit operators, and i have already the base. It will add a little bit of CPU overhead but not much. So, forget about me bugging you to make operators compatible with QUADs. It will work probably tomorrow. Who knows, maybe i can even cope up with a plan to implement custom operators (user-defined). If my mind is not playing tricks on me, this will work.

Next, maybe we (or you) could take a look at tackling the error where a non-executable.... executable gets produced? If possible.

What else... Well the only othe major thing would be COM classes (both 32 and 64 bit) but maybe that is not too simple.

Side note.... I plan to work on using multiple cores for compilations, this would make compilations AMAZINGLY fast. Right now, conversions are fast and produces a lean file small enough to make Oxygen compile them VERY quickly... but maybe i can improve further. Maybe we can coordinate over skype chat? I have other stuff that I would like to tell you privately. :)

Once i have PluriBASIC decently running, i will send you a copy of it so you can take a look at Oxygen with Gloves. :)

Aurel

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2020, 11:03:30 PM »
I have a rock solid plan to implement

hey Brian i have also rock solid plan that you start making new programming language and
then we can jump on your forum and complain about bugs,features ..etc
 :)
who knows ,,maybe i have a right?
 :D
...just keep up... ;)

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2020, 07:40:05 AM »
 Aurel, I never know what to make of your comments.  :D

Charles, i got 64bit operators working seamlessly on PluriBASIC when working with Oxygen. One less thing.  ;D

JRS

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2020, 09:00:20 AM »
Aurel traverses the trolling fence like it's a carnival ride. I just ignore him and smile as Charles has a warm heart and sees value in him as a member.  CC is another story.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2020, 03:28:53 AM »
Hi Brian,

How do you handle your quad 64bit division in 32bit mode?

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2020, 10:46:58 AM »
Well... i was mostly talking about the process of working with them inline.

For example, there is no more need to use the functions for mod since the engine automatically
handle the code to do the math even if you use, for example: (a mod b)

But there may is still be needed to convert some of the operator functions. These are the templates i will use for integer division and floating point division:

Code: [Select]
FUNCTION ¤IDV(byval quad v1, v2) AS QUAD

END FUNCTION

FUNCTION ¤FDV(byval quad v1, v2) AS DOUBLE

END FUNCTION