Author Topic: DLLC status  (Read 14356 times)

JRS

Re: DLLC status
« Reply #60 on: August 21, 2020, 07:42:39 PM »
You maintaining O2 will keep you mentally sharp. The brain needs to be challenged or it dies off starting with dementia.

There is nothing wrong with taking a break once O2 becomes production stable.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #61 on: August 22, 2020, 05:44:28 AM »
Creating compilers might be considered a form of dementia. I don't know if I will ever be able to fix those entangled neurons. :)

JRS

« Reply #62 on: August 22, 2020, 05:58:26 AM »
I was fortunate to inherit a language that is rock solid and easy to expand on. Building a compiler is like Elon building his spaceship to Mars.

JRS

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2020, 05:41:11 PM »
Charles,

Since you lost interest in ScriptBasic and DLLC, I thought I would try embedding O2 in my VB6 projects. I may be able to create an ActiveX DLL to wrap O2 and interface with it via COM/OLE automation.

I can use O2's virtual function feature to create event callback routines.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 05:49:19 PM by John »

Charles Pegge

« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2020, 01:41:03 AM »
It sounds complicated but good luck!

JRS

« Reply #65 on: September 09, 2020, 02:15:15 AM »
VB6 can call Windows DLL libraries natively without a FFI interface. I already have a working proof of concept running. I just need to define an COM/OLE API interface to O2 as a compiler wrapped as an ActiveX DLL interface.

This will allow me to use O2 with VBA in Office for example.

I'm going get my feet wet by embedding ScriptBasic as an ActiveX DLL before attempting doing the same with O2.

Actually the ScriptBasic Windows IDE/Debugugger is a good example how ScriptBasic can be embedded as a control.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 09:03:37 AM by John »

JRS

« Reply #66 on: September 09, 2020, 01:29:19 PM »
Charles,

As it turns out all I have to do to create a ScriptBasic ActiveX DLL is gut the forms from the IDE and create exportable methods and properties and compile it as a COM DLL. Bonus is one can run their code in single step debug mode as well.