Author Topic: Forum Activity  (Read 5447 times)

JRS

Re: Forum Activity
« Reply #30 on: December 24, 2020, 07:06:01 PM »
I ended up getting a gigabit switch as trying to port forward throuh the router LAN port was unstable.

New Switch

JRS

« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2020, 07:56:34 AM »
Charles,

If you are having any problems logging into your Plesk control panel let me know in a PM.

This migration turned into a nightmare when trying to add an IP to AWS trashed the server instance. AllBASIC.info and ScriptBasic.org are seriously compromised and trashed Plesk when trying to migrate the forums. I will need to rebuild these two forums on a local copy of Plesk. The RaspberryBASIC.org site is operational and seems to be fine.

I'm now off AWS and Comcast and running 100% fiber local.

The attached image shows server usage under Plesk.  :)

« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 11:42:20 AM by John »

JRS

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2020, 07:35:54 PM »
OT

I just found out my Windows 10 Power Shell had SSH / SFTP built in. You may need to enable it as it's not enabled by default.

JRS

« Reply #33 on: December 31, 2020, 12:56:27 PM »
Once I get my new server updated with all the cleaned up forums I host I plan to create another AWS EC2 sever instance as an insurance policy if my local server goes down for any reason. All I would need to do is restore the sites from my latest offline backups and switch DNS IPs on Route 53.

JRS

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2020, 03:10:49 PM »
I was able to install gitlab-ce on my new Raspberry Pi 4B 8Gb. I have the ScriptBasic repo (sb-dev) in the sandbox.

https://basic-sandbox.us/scriptbasic/sb-dev

JRS

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2021, 10:13:01 PM »
Looks like Theo updated PHP exposing about a half a dozen deprecation issue I had to fix with 2.0.17 SMF. I wonder if he knows anything about PHP? Typically I would share the fixes with other forum admins but since I was banned there, they can go to hell.

I would be willing to bet money that Jose Roca's forum has been compromised and members e-mail and passwords are out in the wild.
Welcome to the Jose Roca spam server! It won't be long before your e-mail is added to spammer databases. Good luck getting that undone.

Deprecated: Array and string offset access syntax with curly braces is deprecated in /homepages/21/d38531796/htdocs/jose/smfforum/Sources/Subs.php on line 3825

« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:29:11 PM by John »

JRS

« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2021, 11:26:32 AM »
Forum Members,

If you're having problems posting or viewing content on the forum, please send me a email to support@scriptbasic.org with your IP and a description of the problem you're having.

Thanks!

John

Charles Pegge

« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2021, 12:01:13 PM »
Hi John, I see the occasional 'offline' but it doesn't last long.

JRS

« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
The only time you should see an offline message if I'm rebooting the server after a kernel update. (rare)

What I'm looking for are members that find themselves IP banned (access denied) for an hour due to something they were doing while logged in.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2021, 08:51:08 PM by John »

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2021, 07:47:34 AM »
Hi John, I see the occasional 'offline' but it doesn't last long.

Does that happen when you do something in particular? Chances are you are being banned as well.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2021, 10:37:26 AM »
Nothing specific. I mean, occasionally,  it won't refresh a current page.

JRS

« Reply #41 on: March 05, 2021, 01:02:34 PM »
Seeing posts without ban complaints must mean I've disabled enough of the OWASP rules to make things functional. Don't be shy and let me know if you run into anything else that seems weird.

JRS

« Reply #42 on: March 05, 2021, 03:09:04 PM »
Quote from: Theo@JRS
The "Latest in progress" Button on the oxygen site does lead into nowhere.
Maybe the site needs an update?

Works for me. (click wizard)
Theo needs to fix his PHP deprecation errors and lock down the forum so its members aren't added to spam DBs.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #43 on: March 06, 2021, 03:25:39 PM »
I've also edited the website /downloads page