Author Topic: COM  (Read 5639 times)

Charles Pegge

Re: COM
« Reply #15 on: October 18, 2020, 09:39:23 PM »

JRS

« Reply #16 on: October 18, 2020, 10:03:40 PM »
There doesn"t look like there is much interest in COM here so I'll just have to be happy with what I have going with ScriptBasic.

I might try to take Dave's C COM extension module code and make it a generic DLL one could call from O2.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:18:37 PM by John »

JRS

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 01:58:40 PM »
Charles,

Do you see anything in Jose's CallByName PowerBasic code that wouldn't port to O2?

Code: [Select]
' EXCEPINFO structure
' ********************************************************************************************
TYPE EXCEPINFO
   wCode AS WORD               ' An error code describing the error.
   wReserved AS WORD           ' Reserved
   bstrSource AS DWORD         ' Source of the exception.
   bstrDescription AS DWORD    ' Textual description of the error.
   bstrHelpFile AS DWORD       ' Help file path.
   dwHelpContext AS DWORD      ' Help context ID.
   pvReserved AS DWORD         ' Reserved.
   pfnDeferredFillIn AS DWORD  ' Pointer to function that fills in Help and description info.
   scode AS DWORD              ' An error code describing the error.
END TYPE
' ********************************************************************************************

' Helper function to calculate the VTable address.
FUNCTION TB_VTableAddress (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, BYVAL dwOffset AS DWORD) AS DWORD
   LOCAL ppthis AS DWORD PTR
   LOCAL pvtbl AS DWORD PTR
   LOCAL ppmethod AS DWORD PTR
   ppthis = pthis
   pvtbl = @ppthis
   ppmethod = pvtbl + dwOffset
   FUNCTION = @ppmethod
END FUNCTION

' Maps a single member to a corresponding DispID, which can be used on subsequent calls to
' IDispatch_Invoke.
' Parameters:
' riid
'   Reserved for future use. Must be IID_NULL.
' strName
'   Name to be mapped.
' rgDispId
'   Retrieved DispID value.
' Return Value:
'   The return value obtained from the returned HRESULT is one of the following:
'   %S_OK                Success
'   %E_OUTOFMEMORY       Out of memory
'   %DISP_E_UNKNOWNNAME  One or more of the names were not known. The returned array of DISPIDs
'                        contains DISPID_UNKNOWN for each entry that corresponds to an unknown name.
'   %DISP_E_UNKNOWNLCID  The locale identifier (LCID) was not recognized.
DECLARE FUNCTION Proto_IDispatch_GetIDOfName (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, BYREF riid AS GUID, BYref rgszNames AS string, BYVAL cNames AS DWORD, BYVAL lcid AS DWORD, BYref rgdispid AS long) AS DWORD
FUNCTION IDispatch_GetIDOfName (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, BYref strName AS string, BYref rgdispid AS long) AS DWORD
   LOCAL HRESULT AS DWORD
   LOCAL pmethod AS DWORD
   local riid as guid
   if pthis = 0 then exit function
   pmethod = TB_VTableAddress (pthis, 20)
   CALL DWORD pmethod USING Proto_IDispatch_GetIDOfName (pthis, riid, strName, 1, 0, rgdispid) TO HRESULT
   FUNCTION = HRESULT
END FUNCTION

' Provides access to properties and methods exposed by an object. The dispatch function DispInvoke
' provides a standard implementation of IDispatch_Invoke.
' Parameters:
' dispIdMember
'   Identifies the member. Use GetIDsOfNames or the object's documentation to obtain the dispatch identifier.
' riid
'    Reserved for future use. Must be IID_NULL.
' lcid
'   The locale context in which to interpret arguments. The lcid is used by the GetIDsOfNames
'   function, and is also passed to IDispatch_Invoke to allow the object to interpret its
'   arguments specific to a locale.
'   Applications that do not support multiple national languages can ignore this parameter.
' wFlags
'   Flags describing the context of the Invoke call, include:
'     %DISPATCH_METHOD
'       The member is invoked as a method. If a property has the same name, both this and the
'       %DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET flag may be set.
'     %DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET
'       The member is retrieved as a property or data member.
'     %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT
'       The member is changed as a property or data member.
'     %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF
'       The member is changed by a reference assignment, rather than a value assignment. This
'       flag is valid only when the property accepts a reference to an object.
' pDispParams
'   Pointer to a structure containing an array of arguments, an array of argument DISPIDs for
'   named arguments, and counts for the number of elements in the arrays.
' pVarResult
'   Pointer to the location where the result is to be stored, or NULL if the caller expects no
'   result. This argument is ignored if DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT or DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF is specified.
' pExcepInfo
'   Pointer to a structure that contains exception information. This structure should be filled
'   in if DISP_E_EXCEPTION is returned. Can be NULL.
' puArgErr
'   The index within rgvarg of the first argument that has an error. Arguments are stored in
'   pDispParams->rgvarg in reverse order, so the first argument is the one with the highest index
'   in the array. This parameter is returned only when the resulting return value is
'   %DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH or %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND. This argument can be set to null.
' Return Value:
'   The return value obtained from the returned HRESULT is one of the following:
'   %S_OK                     Success
'   %DISP_E_BADPARAMCOUNT     The number of elements provided to DISPPARAMS is different from the
'                             number of arguments accepted by the method or property.
'   %DISP_E_BADVARTYPE        One of the arguments in rgvarg is not a valid variant type.
'   %DISP_E_EXCEPTION         The application needs to raise an exception. In this case, the
'                             structure passed in pExcepInfo should be filled in.
'   %DISP_E_MEMBERNOTFOUND    The requested member does not exist, or the call to Invoke tried to
'                             set the value of a read-only property.
'   %DISP_E_NONAMEDARGS       This implementation of IDispatch does not support named arguments.
'   %DISP_E_OVERFLOW          One of the arguments in rgvarg could not be coerced to the specified type.
'   %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND     One of the parameter DISPIDs does not correspond to a parameter on
'                             the method. In this case, puArgErr should be set to the first
'                             argument that contains the error.
'   %DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH      One or more of the arguments could not be coerced. The index within
'                             rgvarg of the first parameter with the incorrect type is returned
'                             in the puArgErr parameter.
'   %DISP_E_UNKNOWNINTERFACE  The interface identifier passed in riid is not IID_NULL.
'   %DISP_E_UNKNOWNLCID       The member being invoked interprets string arguments according to
'                             the LCID, and the LCID is not recognized. If the LCID is not needed
'                             to interpret arguments, this error should not be returned.
'   %DISP_E_PARAMNOTOPTIONAL  A required parameter was omitted.
FUNCTION IDispatch_Invoke (BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, BYVAL dispidMember AS LONG, BYREF riid AS GUID, _
BYVAL lcid AS DWORD, BYVAL wFlags AS WORD, BYREF pdispparams AS DISPPARAMS, BYREF pvarResult AS VARIANT, _
BYREF pexcepinfo AS EXCEPINFO, BYREF puArgErr AS DWORD) AS DWORD
   LOCAL HRESULT AS DWORD
   LOCAL pmethod AS DWORD
   if pthis = 0 then exit function
   pmethod = TB_VTableAddress (pthis, 24)
   CALL DWORD pmethod USING IDispatch_Invoke (pthis, dispidMember, riid, lcid, wFlags, pdispparams, pvarResult, pexcepinfo, puArgErr) TO HRESULT
   FUNCTION = HRESULT
END FUNCTION

' CallByName
function TB_CallByName ( _
    BYVAL pthis AS DWORD, _                                    ' *IDispatch
    BYVAL vNameOrId AS VARIANT, _                              ' Name or identifier
    byval callType as long, _                                  ' Call type
    byref vParams() as VARIANT, _                              ' Array of variants
    byref vResult as variant, _                                ' Variant result
    byref pex as EXCEPINFO _                                   ' EXCEPINFO
    ) EXPORT AS LONG                                           ' Error code

dim dw_puArgErr AS DWORD, DISPID_PROPERTYPUT AS LONG, IID_NULL AS GUID
    dim vArgs(0) AS VARIANT, udt_DispParams AS DISPPARAMS
    dim strName as string, DispID as long, nParams as long, i as long, idx as long

' Check for null pointer
    if pthis = 0 then function = -1 : exit function

' Get the DispID
    if variantvt(vNameOrId) = %VT_BSTR then
       strName = ucode$(variant$(vNameOrId))
       IDispatch_GetIDOfName pthis, strName, DispID
    else
       DispID = variant#(vNameOrId)
    end if

' Copy the array in reversed order
    if varptr(vParams()) then
       nParams = ubound(vParams) - lbound (vParams) + 1
       if nParams > 0 then
          redim vArgs(nParams - 1)
          idx = nParams - 1
          for i = Lbound(vParams) to Ubound(vParams)
             if variantvt(vParams(i)) = %VT_EMPTY then
                vArgs(idx) = error %DISP_E_PARAMNOTFOUND
             else
                vArgs(idx) = vParams(i)
             end if
             DECR idx
             if idx < 0 then exit for
          next
       end if
   end if

if CallType = 4 or CallType = 8 then  ' %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUT and %DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF
      DISPID_PROPERTYPUT = -3
      udt_DispParams.CountNamed = 1
      udt_DispParams.NamedDispId = VARPTR(DISPID_PROPERTYPUT)
   end if

udt_DispParams.CountArgs = nParams
   if nParams > 0 then udt_DispParams.VariantArgs = varptr(vArgs(0))

function = IDispatch_Invoke(pthis, DispID, IID_NULL, 0, CallType, udt_DispParams, vResult, pex, dw_puArgErr)

END function

Example Use
#COMPILE EXE
#DIM ALL
#DEBUG ERROR ON
#INCLUDE "WIN32API.INC"
#INCLUDE "CallByName.INC"

%adOpenKeyset     = &H00000001
%adLockOptimistic = &H00000003
%adCmdText        = &H00000001

' Main
function pbmain

local oCon as dispatch
   local oRec as dispatch
   local hr as dword
   local pex as EXCEPINFO
   local vResult as VARIANT
   local bstrlen as long
   dim vParams(0) as variant

' Creates a connection instance
   set oCon = new dispatch in "ADODB.Connection"
   if isfalse isobject(oCon) then goto Terminate

redim vParams(3)  ' Four parameters (0:3) - Empty variants are considered as optional parameters
   vParams(0) = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;Data Source=f:\ffado\biblio.mdb"  ' <-- change as needed
   hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oCon), "Open", %DISPATCH_METHOD, vParams(), BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL)

' Creates a recordset instance
   set oRec = new dispatch in "ADODB.Recordset"
   if isfalse isobject(oRec) then goto Terminate

' Opens the recordset
   redim vParams(4)  ' Five parameters (0:4)
   vParams(0) = "SELECT TOP 20 * FROM Authors ORDER BY Author"
   set vParams(1) = oCon  ' This is a dispatch variable, so we have to assign it using SET
   vParams(2) = %adOpenKeyset
   vParams(3) = %adLockOptimistic
   vParams(4) = %adCmdText
   hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oRec), "Open", %DISPATCH_METHOD, vParams(), BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL)

do
      hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oRec), "Eof", %DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET, byval %NULL, vResult, BYVAL %NULL)
      if variant#(vResult) then exit do
      redim vParams(0)  ' One parameter
      vParams(0) = "Author"
      hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oRec), "Collect", %DISPATCH_PROPERTYGET, vParams(), vResult, BYVAL %NULL)
      print variant$(vResult)
      ' Fetch the next row
      hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oRec), "MoveNext", %DISPATCH_METHOD, byval %NULL, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL)
   loop

Terminate:

' Close the reordset
   hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oRec), "Close", %DISPATCH_METHOD, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL)
   ' Close the connection
   hr = TB_CallByName(objptr(oCon), "Close", %DISPATCH_METHOD, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL, BYVAL %NULL)

' Cleanup
   set oRec = nothing
   set oCon = nothing

waitkey$

end function

JRS

« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 01:09:02 PM »
Brian,

If you can get CallByName working in O2 I will buy a copy of your BASIC.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2020, 03:22:02 PM »
Hi John,

What does this do? where is ADODB?

set oCon = new dispatch in "ADODB.Connection"

JRS

« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2020, 08:06:55 PM »
ADO is a Windows DB layer COM object. I would use Excel for your testing.

https://www.allbasic.info/forum/index.php?topic=414.msg4520#msg4520

Charles Pegge

« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2020, 11:01:24 AM »
How is VBNEW implemented. I see no GUIDs, so are you using ATL to locate the interfaces?

JRS

« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2020, 11:09:42 AM »
I would use Dave Zimmer's C CallByName example. He even used the same SAPI example you did in DLLC. (see code in comments)

The SB COM extension module let's you use a GUID or it's registered name.

Here is Dave's original SB COM repository. It doesn't have the improvements Mike made.

Dave's SB COM
« Last Edit: October 25, 2020, 11:23:06 AM by John »

Charles Pegge

« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2020, 06:51:00 PM »
Thanks John,  this is what I was after:

if(myCopy[0] == '{'){
hr = CLSIDFromString( wStr , &clsid); //its a string CLSID directly
  }else{
hr = CLSIDFromProgID( wStr , &clsid); //its a progid
  }

JRS

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2020, 12:22:15 AM »
Great!

The C code I posted above has the improvements Mike made that are not in Dave's repo.

FYI: ADO is the OLE automation version of ODBC.

Note: regsvr32 needs to run in an administrator console when registering controls.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2020, 12:58:30 PM by John »

JRS

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2020, 07:09:44 AM »
Hi Charles,

Are you still looking at a CallByName library for O2?

This is my last attempt at trying to get something going here on the forum.

It's getting towards the end of the year and the forums I host are lacking any activity. Please give me a reason to keep spending money so others have a resouce to go to.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2020, 02:30:25 PM »
Hi John,

Unfortunately, I seem to have hit a brick wall with the iDispatch interface. I have tried it on the SAPI voice and also the WebBrowser control accessed via ATL. But it appears defunct in both cases, at least in my Windows10 environment.

But I was able to establish low-level COM control on Aurel's ATL webBrowser Control demo - attaching GoForward/GoBack/GoHome to the Window Buttons.

JRS

« Reply #27 on: November 02, 2020, 02:59:57 PM »
Thanks for giving it try.

If I find some time I will try to convert the SB COM extension to something generic O2 can use.

Posting your code and getting a few more eyes looking at it might discover the problem.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2020, 08:36:33 PM by John »

JRS

« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2020, 08:35:09 AM »
Charles,

Writing a BASIC compiler, a MD5 function in ScriptBasic and the magic of DLLC makes it hard to imagine you getting stuck on anything.

Charles Pegge

« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2020, 12:05:21 PM »
I think the problem is Windows10.