Author Topic: Free Intel System Studio/C++ Compiler  (Read 2519 times)

jack

Free Intel System Studio/C++ Compiler
« on: May 17, 2018, 01:50:10 AM »
Mike, as usual you make good points, regarding Intel, perhaps you will be interested in Intel's free system studio https://software.intel.com/en-us/system-studio/choose-download
Use IntelĀ® System Studio with a free commercial license backed by community forum support. This license allows usage for 90 days, and can be refreshed an unlimited number of times to use the latest version.

JRS

Re: Free Intel System Studio/C++ Compiler
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2018, 02:11:09 AM »
Thanks Jack for the Intel link!

Personally I'm going to continue to standardize on gcc as Script BASIC's compiler of choice.

Linux is written in C and Google Chome / JavaScript V8 is in C++.  Chrome is a bloated pig and buggy as hell where Linux is a standard and runs on everything. (like SB)

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2018, 02:21:07 AM »
Jack,

Thank you very much for the link you pointed me to. I am surely going to use it and install the studio now that there's this free option available. Intel has made the right move in the right direction.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2018, 04:51:27 PM »
Just FYI, if you have any Visual Studio installed starting with VS2013 and upwards under Windows 7, 8.x, and 10, the Intel System Studio installer will directly integrate seamlessly in your existing Visual Studio its Intel C++ compiler option, as well as a number of Intel debugger, profiler, and performance monitor tools that you can select for use if you prefer to compile your current C(++) project with the Intel, rather than regular MS, compiler. :)

JRS

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2018, 10:57:32 PM »
I'm really happy for you Mike that you received an early Christmas present from Intel. I will be interested in your findings using this C++ compiler.

Mike Lobanovsky

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2018, 04:32:32 AM »
Unlike MS VC(++), the Intel compiler supports inline assembly in both x86 and x64 modes, and in both Intel and AT&T notations. :)