Author Topic: O2 Interpreter Extension  (Read 2090 times)

JRS

O2 Interpreter Extension
« on: July 22, 2018, 01:51:04 PM »
Charles mentioned due to his limited time maturing O2 he is unable to offer more than occasional mentoring for DLLC. I feel that DLLC (although originally created for Script BASIC) can be easily be made a generic extension that multiple interpreters can use. I have asked Eros (thinBasic author) if he would like to join forces to update and extend DLLC .I'm going to setup a BitBucket repository for DLLC and have a SB and generic DLL version of the extension module as a primary resource. The O2 forum will be used for announcements / forum member feedback.

P.S.  The DLLC Development thread has been moved to Admin Archive for reference. The thread was already pretty old when I revived it and it went down hill from there.

Charles Pegge

Re: O2 Interpreter Extension
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2018, 02:11:10 PM »
Hi John,

thinBasic can access DLLs directly using headers -  very similar to PowerBasic headers.

JRS

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2018, 02:18:37 PM »
Yes but DLLC's dynamic FFI can create API calls on the fly and only functions you need.  bloatless

Charles Pegge

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2018, 07:26:45 PM »

thinBasic can do that, and can also link headers to o2 JIT functions. It has UDTs and OOP too.

Most of DLLC is customised to the needs of ScriptBasic.