Author Topic: NAMESPACES  (Read 1181 times)

Brian Alvarez

NAMESPACES
« on: August 10, 2020, 12:39:11 AM »
 I think this is interesting. It compiles for 32 and 64 bits using Oxygen. Yes, the optional parameters
are working fine too.

This will soon also compile for PowerBASIC (32 bits), PHP, android and other targets.

JRS

Re: NAMESPACES
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2020, 05:07:40 AM »
Namespace is like having your own office rather than working in an open floor plan.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2020, 12:19:45 PM by John »

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2020, 12:28:19 PM »
 This was also compiling before for PowerBASIC (32 bit), i just needed to fix a small detail. It is now running perfectly fine. I will make it compile for the rest of the platforms probably tonight.

http://www.pluribasic.com/utilities/PluriBASIC6_Setup.exe

Suggestions and bug reports are welcome. :)

JRS

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2020, 06:44:01 PM »
Hi Brian,

I downloaded your demo compiler which gave me a Windows Defender warning which I ignored. I tried to compile a 64 bit O2 PRINT "Hello" and nothing happened. I setup the OxygenBasic paths before trying.

John

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2020, 09:57:35 PM »
 Hello John, it is normal that Windows defender gets confused. The dll is compressed and has declarations for a lot of windows APIs that could look suspicious to an antivirus.

The installer contains a version of Oxygen (and all credits to Charles) that is proven to work properly with PluriBASIC, i am attaching how my cnfiguration looks. This way, pluribasic looks for the include files in the directory that PluriBASIC stored them.

What does your hello world source code looks like? Usually something like this works:

Code: [Select]
#COMPILE EXE
#COMPILER OXYGEN
#DIM ALL
#DATABASE CLOSED
#OPTIONS DEVELOPER

FUNCTION PBMAIN() AS LONG ' I corrected a typo here!

STDOUT "HELLO WORLD"

END FUNCTION
« Last Edit: August 13, 2020, 07:00:10 PM by Brian Alvarez »

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2020, 10:04:34 PM »
By the way... i have been making many changes and adding fixes to a lot of stuff.

Today I compiled PluriBASIC 6... using PluriBASIC 6.  ;D

JRS

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2020, 07:05:37 AM »
That's an exciting milestone!

JRS

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2020, 05:42:13 PM »
The default program template or the one you posted fails to work. After I deleted the default and used yours it kept complaining about PBMAIN already used. After multiple edits of the line it finally got past it. Now it complains about some dependency missing.

It would be great if you could edit the compiler path fields. No way to null them.

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2020, 06:59:27 PM »

John, you are right. I made a mistake, i typed pbwin instead of pbmain in my pseudocode. pbwin is a keyword that is used to select the PowerBASIC compiler in the #COMPILER metastatement, not the function name of the entry point. Sorry about that.

That said, i think i recall, that no special configurations are required for the Oxygen compiler when PluriBASIC is installed (when no special paths are used during installation), it automatically should look for it where the installer puts it, but a wrong configuration can lead to dependancy errors.

May i know where did you install if and what path you used for the Oxygen DLL?

JRS

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2020, 07:54:35 PM »
I installed PluriBASIC as a sub directory of root. (C:)

Most of PluriBASIC got installed in my \user\me\Documents\PluriBASIC6

My path for OxygenBasic.dll is pointing to your supplied copy of it.

Brian Alvarez

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2020, 05:48:40 AM »
I will try a clean install when i finish the porting the self-compile for 64 bits. PluriBASIC was designed to not require any special configurations, basically you are supposed to only install... enter code... and click compile and run.

I will check what went wrong later. Maybe entering a custom path changes something.

JRS

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2020, 10:08:03 AM »
Let me know when get things cleaned up and I'll download PluriBASIC again.