Author Topic: O2 Self Compile  (Read 428 times)

JRS

O2 Self Compile
« on: December 30, 2020, 10:12:45 AM »
Hi Charles,

Is O2 now written in O2 and self compiling? Have you put FreeBasic behind you?

How are things going with your COM / OLE automation interface?

Charles Pegge

Re: O2 Self Compile
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2021, 02:30:37 PM »
Hi John,

Perhaps I should release what I've got. The examples are not yet sufficient but the system would benefit from all the recent updates.

O2 is self compiled, and completely independent of FreeBasic and GCC tools.

JRS

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2021, 02:47:32 PM »
That would be great!

Would that include your COM / OLE automation enhancements as well?

As soon as you upload your self compile version I will create a source repo for it in the basic-sandbox.us sandbox. If you ever hope to get assistance for this open source project, having a detailed repo for it is a must.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2021, 02:54:35 PM by John »

Arnold

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 04:32:54 PM »
Hi Charles,

if an updated release is possible, this would be great. Perhaps you will consider to add the example of a color button too:

https://www.oxygenbasic.org/forum/index.php?topic=2044.msg22104#msg22104

I know I have not posted much in the last year. I had two eye operations, and for some weeks I did not see very much of the world. And there is also the corona pandemic problem. I have to avoid getting infected and and I have to avoid to infect some people who mean a lot to me. This virus is extremely dangerous.

But I hope I can finish some small projects which I had started. One project deals with calling NewLisp from O2. And maybe I will do some experiments with the newer freeglut version 3.2.1.

Roland

Charles Pegge

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 02:56:17 AM »
Yes, Many Thanks, Roland.

Your contributions are always welcome. And I hope all goes well with your eyes and general health.