Author Topic: GdiPlusFlat  (Read 5163 times)

Peter

GdiPlusFlat
« on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:39 AM »
Hi Charles,

GdiplusFlat.h here.

Aurel

Re: GdiPlusFlat
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 03:08:06 AM »
Peter...
Ok there is a header,but is there any example ,and some explanation about advantage to
use GDIplus flat...what this flat means ???
I mean is it faster or easier than standard GDI ?

Charles Pegge

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 03:49:32 AM »
Thanks Peter,

The FlatGDIplus are is a set of direct calls (not OOP).

I use Visual Studio Express 6.0 as a reference to the Windows API. At a glance, I would say there are at least 30 header files for GDI plus including some with equates and the dreaded GUIDs. required for image processing.

V Studio 6 express is a freebee from MSDN. The collection of headers is monstrous!  :o

I produced a mini-Header /inc/ImgWin.inc It requires #Case capital sensitivity, and could benefit from some clean-up to remove this constraint.

The online MSDN documentation is good for functions, not so easy for locating equates.

Charles

Peter

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 05:15:31 AM »
Hi Aurel,

Code: [Select]
use GDIplus flat...what this flat means
GdiplusFlat.h is for engineers and scientists.

kryton9

GUIDs. they know who you are
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 02:06:58 PM »
I was shocked when I read this, but GUID's identify your computer.
Algorithm

In the OSF-specified algorithm for generating new (V1) GUIDs, the user's network card MAC address is used as a base for the last group of GUID digits, which means, for example, that a document can be tracked back to the computer that created it. This privacy hole was used when locating the creator of the Melissa virus.[5] Most of the other digits are based on the time while generating the GUID.
V1 GUIDs which contain a MAC address and time can be identified by the digit "1" in the first position of the third group of digits, for example {2f1e4fc0-81fd-11da-9156-00036a0f876a}.
V4 GUIDs use the later algorithm, which is a pseudo-random number. These have a "4" in the same position, for example {38a52be4-9352-453e-af97-5c3b448652f0}. More specifically, the 'data3' bit pattern would be 0001xxxxxxxxxxxx in the first case, and 0100xxxxxxxxxxxx in the second. Cryptanalysis of the WinAPI GUID generator shows that, since the sequence of V4 GUIDs is pseudo-random, given full knowledge of the internal state, it is possible to predict previous and subsequent values.[6]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globally_unique_identifier

JRS

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2012, 11:21:28 PM »
Google knows where my SGT2 is anytime it's on. Get use to it, it's only going to get worse.

Sort of like being chipped.

Stop laughing, it's only a 30 day trial my owner got talked into.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 11:51:13 PM by JRS »

Charles Pegge

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2012, 01:56:21 AM »
Perhaps everyone will be tagged with a GUID eventually:

Big Brother Australia Looking to Monitor Full Spectrum Communications

http://www.activistpost.com/2012/07/big-brother-australia-looking-to.html